Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A Good Cry

August 26, 2012

Sometimes all you need is a good cry.  I find that any sort of change in circumstance sends me reeling.  For instance, my sweet family was just visiting and left today.  How wonderful it was to have them here!  The kids were a therapeutic delight, and holding my precious baby nephew was so good for my soul.  I even enjoyed having a noisy house!  But when all is quiet again, now that they've gone, the tears well up at the floodgates and burst through.  All the old questions come screaming back, and I sit helpless to take myself out of the torrent of tears and hurt.
I know it sounds miserable and sad, but crying is a release!  I feel such freedom to then go about my day.
Thank you, Lord, for creating tears and for creating us humans with the ability to cry them.

"The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit."  Psalm 34:18

No comments: