Thursday, July 24, 2008

Reflections on Psalm 22. I think we've all felt this way at some point.

I cry by day....but he doesn't answer;
and by night, but I have no rest.
YET, he is holy.
He is enthroned as a mighty King, a loving father, a meek lamb.
...But I am a worm and not a woman, a reproach of men and despised by the people.

Yet you, Lord God, MY God, you brought me forth from my mother's womb.  You made me trust at a time when I didn't even understand faith or life.  Upon you I was cast from birth; you have been my God since before I was born.

Be not far from me, Jesus, Father, Friend.
There are times when white hot fear melts my heart like wax.
We've all been attacked.  We've been taken captive and beaten while down low.
Hasten to my assistance, Lord.  Deliver.  Save.

You do not despise the affliction of the afflicted.
Restore praises in my mouth.
Let me tell how you have transformed me
...to the glory of your name, my Salvation.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I can relate. As an ESL Ministry teacher, mother, wife, Sunday School teacher and all the other things moms are, I know only God can help and hear me, even when I don't feel like he can. God is good. Awesome you climb. I would be terrified of the height and of falling. God gives us each unique abilities and yet we all have Jesus as a relationship. God bless you. cindy

Joy Nelson said...

Amen! God is good and his strength is sufficient, especially when we're the weakest. Nothing reminds me more of that truth than climbing!!
Thanks for your comment and encouragement. Blessings to you too.
Joy