Tuesday, July 8, 2008

faith like a child

"Miss Joy, can we do the lawnmower dance?"...........  "Miss Joy, I need a band-aid."...........  "Um, Miss Joy, when are you gonna tell us who got the solos?"...............  "Is there a dance part, Miss Joy?"................  "Can we go on stage yet?"..................  "Miss Joy, I lost my safari bag."..............  "Can you tie my shoe?".........."Miss Joy, can we pray for Morgan?  She's sick."  

My kids.  They keep me on my toes.  This week I'm surrounded by over 60 beautiful children, ages 8 to 12.  Fantastic little singers; profound little thinkers.  They take over any room (and every near-by heart) with their energy, optimism and unadulterated promise.  It's during weeks like this when I love my job.  Too bad music and drama camp only comes once a year.  

No comments: